The Internet is more or less an infinite universe of information. So, how can you be sure that the content you’reposting is being seen? What can you do to keep your website from being sucked into the black hole of cyberspace?
Many businesses are asking this same question. With so much content out there, it’s easy to fall through the cracks. When trying to grow your business, a search engine is your best friend, but you need to know how to use it to your advantage. This is where SEO services come in. But first, let’s take a look at how consumers are using the Internet.
What You Should Know About Internet Users’ Behavior
- As many as 40% of users will abandon a web page if it does not load within three seconds.
- Over 100 billion global searches are being conducted online each month.
- When confronted with a business site that does not work on mobile, 48% of people take it as an indication that the business doesn’t care about the consumer.
- A whole 93% of online experiences start on a search engine.
- Three-quarters of Internet users never scroll past the first page of search engine results. This means that if your web page does not show up on the first page, you will be missing 75% of potential customers. The only way to boost your search engine visibility is through SEO.
- Nearly half of Internet users say that a web design is their number one criterion for determining the credibility of a company.
- As many as 87% of consumers say that online content has a strong impact on their decision to engage with a brand; however, 43% say “blatantly self-promotional” content is a major turn off.
- Between 70% and 80% of users ignore paid ads, only focusing on the organic search engine results (those that are not “sponsored”).
To have a strong online presence, and to be easily discovered, the use of Search Engine Optimization is essential. SEO services ensure that a website’s content is made up of quality writing that can be easily picked up by a search engine like Google or Bing. The truth is, if Google can’t find you, no one can.
The Internet becomes more complex every day as more websites are born and more content is created. If you’re not using SEO, you’re basically just a needle in a haystack.