As a small business owner, you know that your customers and clients are on their mobile devices. With mobile devices accounting for 52% of all paid search clicks, mobile devices are in the process of revolutionizing digital marketing. While forming your digital marketing plan, consider including Instagram in your social outreach. This photo-based social networking app is a simple yet effective avenue to attract consumers to your brand. Follow these simple tips to get started on producing high quality Instagram content.
1.Take high quality photos: While this may seem obvious to some digital marketers, it is the most important starting point. Be mindful of lighting, composition, and subject when setting up the shot. Keep it interesting.
2. Cross promote your content: When posting on Instagram, cross promote some of the content on Twitter, Facebook, and your blog. This will draw more followers to your Instagram account and aid in your integrated marketing.
3. Create a hashtag: Branded hashtags are a great way to create a community around your brand, especially during events or promotions. For example, the brand Always created a community and a call to action through their #LikeAGirl campaign and hashtag, which also generated a lot of positive press. When brainstorming your hashtag, be sure that it is not already widely used.
4. Brand your bio: Keeping your Instagram bio true to your brand will allow visitors to understand who you are immediately. It will also make your account identifiable in search engine results.
5. Collaborate: Team up with other accounts, especially those run by non-profit organizations. By partnering with good causes — and even competitors — you not only reach a wider audience, but also spread professional good will. In fact, this might be the most important Instagram tip on this list.
6. Spread out your posts: Each social media site comes with its own etiquette. For Instagram, one such rule is to not post too often. While you might be posting on Twitter multiple times per day, consider keeping your Instagram posts to every other day.
7. Watch the trends: Keep track of what types of posts are popular on Instagram. This year, for example, cute animals and creative hand lettering are trending. Keep track of the trends in your industry to understand what to focus on.
Including Instagram in your integrated digital marketing plan is a fun and interactive way to engage with potential clients and customers. As with any form of digital marketing, be sure to watch your analytics to see what is working.